Saturday, February 14, 2009

Well loved!

Kenidee loves books. She will often be sitting in her "hole" (where all the toys are she calls it that) reading. She has many books memorized but this book has been well loved. all tutus should be pink by sheri brownrigg. She has every word of every page memorized and if I happen to skip a page she tells me mom you skipped the page... then she tells me what page I missed. We read this book every nap time and bed time for months. She has slept with it more times then I can count.
I have a little bit of OCD. Books have to be nice. In fact I have put books away because she was bending them. I soon gave up on books being perfect. Kenidee loves to read, I figured a few bent books would be fine. I just can't look at them. This book is so bad I have considered getting her a new one. What do ya think?

I think I might have to tape this soon before there is nothing holding it together

See the top right yep the whole corner is gone.


See the food on the bottom of the page. She has even had to look at it while she was eating.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad to know that my book is not the only one being well used. Gaby has to wear her pink tutu when we read it...oh wait we wear our pink tutu everyday.

Alisha said...

I think you should get a new copy for her to have as a backup in case this one totally falls apart but I'd wait until then. Then hopefully the new one will stay nicer & be a keepsake for her!

Jenn said...

Love it, I have a book from when I was little that looks very similar! Nothing better than a well loved book!

Jensen said...

I am the same way about books! Kenidee is so cute! Nathanial's favorite book right now is "There's a Wocket in My Pocket" by Dr. Seuss, but only Ryan can read it to him, and he knows if Ryan skips a part.

bryan and megan said...

First, No you didn't miss the post on my finished house. I have just been so busy I havn't had a chance to add that one yet. But keep watching, cuz I promise it will be on there!!!

And second, as much as I LOVE clean neat books, I LOVE that they are worn. To me, it means my kids are reading them. Wyatt is in Kindergarten now and just starting to read and it is soooo fun to sit down at night and have him help me read a book. My kids have their favorites too!!!

bryan and megan said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I LOVE your new family picture!! VERY CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

hey! i'm so glad you found my blog.. yours is sooo cute! your little kenidee is so adorable. i'm going to follow your blog now, or in other words i will be blogstalking you now. just a heads up. :)

The Wyatt's said...

That's great that she loves books. I say tape it and let her wear it out. By the way..I LOVE your family picture! Who took it for you? You look so pretty...and you just had a baby!