Friday, June 24, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial day this year was so cold, wet and the wind blew like crazy. Robin and Eli didn't even get out of the car. It was just too cold for a baby. Kenidee and Bennett and the other cousins didn't see to mind that it was FREEZING outside. They all ran and played. I didn't get to many pictures of this day I wish I would have taken pictures of the flower arrangements my grandma, mom and Rebecca made. They were beautiful. I love memorial day it reminds me of when I was a kid. We would all go to Aunt Bettys and tons aunts and cousins would make floral arrangements the Sunday before. I loved how the garage would smell. When they were all done we would load up a funeral home van with the dozens of arrangements. I loved how all the flowers looked tight together in boxes until the next day.
Memorial day also meant new outfits. I loved getting a memorial day outfit. Sometimes all the cousins would match or we all just looked all spiffy in our new summer outfit. After we would visit both the Rigby and Annis Cemeteries and see cousins we don't see all the time. After we were done cleaning stones and placing flowers and watching the flag ceremony, we were off to a picnic at a park or in the back yard or inside depending on the weather. I just love all the memories I made with my family during this day.


Rebecca had the right idea of what to wear this fine day. I wish I would have thought of it.

1 comment:

Miss Andria said...

Oh! I wish I could have been there with you guys! I miss you guys!!! Too bad the Idaho weather was cRaZy for Memorial Day! Haha