Friday, November 13, 2009

Finishing up..... in the next few posts.

I hated our table and the chairs were falling apart. I wanted a new table so bad, but it just wasn't in the budget. One night I had my cousin Andrew and his wife Anna over for game night and I was telling them how sorry I was that their chairs were falling apart under them. I started telling them how I needed a new dining set. Well she gave me the idea to just redo the table and then slowly get new chairs. I was so excited so that is what I set out to do. It was a lot of work we sanded down the whole table and re stained the top and spray painted the legs black. best part is my Brother Justen had stain left over from a job, so i had to get spray paint and sand paper. So we redid this table for maybe $15.00! Oh i got the chairs for my birthday from my parents and grandparents. they found them on clearance at target! I do love my "new" table! For awhile Kendiee loved wearing anything that went on her bottom half on her head. bloomers became swimming caps and P.J's become long flowing hair. Kenidee Loves to dance. In order to dance she has to have her tutu on or a "princess dress." She must always have a prince. She will come up to me and ask me mom do you think you could be my prince today. My answer "Sure" who can resist such a beautiful princess. She sometimes asks me, "Mom when will Bennett be old enough to be my prince." I just laugh. I can't wait to see that someday. I know Bennett will be her "prince" and dance with his sister because I can tell that is the kind of brother he will be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your new table! Great idea and it looks awesome. Maybe I should do that with our old chairs too.