Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend.. I know I know

We had so much fun over Thanksgiving, my sister Liz and her kids came up and the kids love to play together. When Liz and her kids are in town it is ALWAYS a party. All the kids stayed up later then they should we ate, laughed, ate, bowled, ate, watched home movies, laughed ate. I am sure we all get the picture.
I wanted to do something to help with the Thanksgiving feast. So I decided I would teach myself how to make Lion house rolls, and they had to be perfect and wonderful. Aunt Paula always makes the rolls and they are always soooo good. So I had huge shoes to fill. So I started to practice, weeks in advance, I would always take the most perfect one to my Grandma to taste and to tell me how to make them better. I had a little helper most of the time and Kenidee became quite good at rolling up the "snail" rolls.
I do have to say in this case practice did make perfect. The rolls were super good. I didn't make all of them this year Paula still helped but I did make about 72 rolls for that day. (some we saved for leftovers)
One night we had a little party over at our house and Kenidee and Hailee had a bath together. Liz always has to give Kenidee a bath when they are here because Liz is the BEST hand bubble blower. I do have so say the lady is really good.
After baths we made them a little bed so they could watch a movie. I thought they were both so cute. they didn't want to give me the time of day and look at me for a picture but still so cute and what fun to have a cousin so close to you in age.

No comments: