Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter trip to Salt Lake City.

This winter I got tickets to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert. When I got tickets in the mail. I thought of Robins grandma. Kenidee calls her Markham. She loves Motab! When we got married she listened to them practice and has always said she would love to hear them again. So with the help of Robins parents Markham got to come to SLC to the concert. She has never been in the conference center, she was so excited. I was so excited! We spent 2 days in SLC with my mom Rachelle and My grandma. It was a regular girls weekend. Robin stayed home with the kids so I could go.
Markham and I have become good friends,and she has a laugh that can make anyone happy.While we were in SLC we did some shopping and walk around temple square. Ate at the lion house.
After the girls weekend Markham got to come to idaho for a few days to see Robin and the kids. Kenidee was so excited to have Markham sleep in her bed while she got to sleep on an air mattress in the same room.
Markham wanted to take Kenidee shopping for gifts for robin and I for Christmas, so we waited in the car at walmart while markham and kenidee went to find the perfect gifts. When she got back to the car she told me she found herself the perfect gift. It had 2 snowman mugs hot chocolate gram crackers and even a candy bar. She picked out popcorn for robin and a poinsettia for me (it is still living). We loved having Markham here with us. Kenidee still talks about having Markham stay at our house. We miss you Grandma and can't wait till we can see you again.







Do you think we had fun! If we got anymore we would have had to tie it to the top of the car.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm so jealous! My brother got tickets to the Motab concert, too. That's something I want to do next year.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you guys got to go. What fun. Why is that everyone comes to Utah but no one tells me until after they leave.