Monday, March 15, 2010

Christmas eve and day.... :)

Christmas eve was so much fun this year;well it is every year. We always go to my grandma Luana and Grandpa Bruce's house. We eat have a program and the nativity. This year we were few in numbers, that was just fine by me and Kenidee sang Santa clause is coming to town, and Annie's kids sang a song too. Then we had a wide elephant gift exchange. FUN was had by all. A few examples of gifts were precooked bacon, bumpits, lava lamps, snore straps, bobble heads, slingshots, and cake toppers. Robin got a jello mold of the jolly ole man and I got a full bathroom set it is truly amazing I wish you all could have one. Needless to say the bathroom set will be passed on. Then off to the basement to wait for Santa and his elves to come bring us a little gift (always matching PJS. Like I said we were few in numbers so the kids this year were Garrett, Gabbie, Kenidee and Bennett. It took some convincing and a bit of tattling but Rod was Santa Michael and Pat were his helper elves. Kenidee was so excited to see Santa. Every once in awhile we could here bells coming from the other room and Kenidee was so excited she could hardly stand it. She would yell. I HEAR SANTA'S BELLS ON HIS SLED!!!! When Rodney came out in his Santa garb she was so upset. She threw her self on the floor and cried that is NOT Santa that is UNCLE ROD! she wouldn't even sit on his lap. I love Christmas eve. When we got back home that night Kenidee helped me set out cookies for Santa and she was worried that the raindeer would be starving so we put out a few carrots out our front door. Soon they were asleep.
If you asked Kenidee what she wanted for Christmas she would tell you a Turkey. I thought it was because it was soon after thanksgiving. Santa found himself searching high and low for a turkey that didn't cost and arm and a leg. Every elf was looking for a turkey. Then we got a phone call from and elf in Washington,and she had good news for us she had found a turkey and it would get here right on time. whew! I was so happy that kenidee was going to get what she had been asking for.
I loved being in our own house for Christmas. I love making our own little traditions. That morning my sisters and Andria came out to see the kids open Santa gifts. Bennett didn't really know what to think of it but he loved the paper.
Robin had lost his job right before Christmas and things were really stressful, so he gave me a night away it was only to Rexburg but we had so much fun and I loved being with him and not having to worry about everyday life for a few days. It was just what we needed to face the next few month ahead of us.
Anyway... after we were done with gifts here we went back to my moms for breakfast and more gift giving. I love Christmas. I love being close to loved ones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun traditions! And a turkey...what a silly girl. Glad you had a nice Christmas with family. Sorry to hear Robin lost his job. I hope things come together for you all.