Monday, October 27, 2008

What a week!

A few things have happened this week that we need to post! Sorry not many pictures.

First of all Kenidee went to the dentist for the first time. We didn't have much time to talk about it, because I called for her appointment and she went the next afternoon. SO... That is about all we talked about. When we walked into the office she ran to the toys while I filled out paper work. Then the hygienist came out to get us, Kenidee was busy playing with a doll and she let her take it back with her. The Hygienist was AWESOME!!!! She let Kenidee play with her gloves on and off her hands, Kenidee got to touch all the tools that would be used in her mouth. There was one time when the hygienist was cleaning Kenidee's teeth that Kenidee tried to sit up a little, the hygienist told her she was almost done, but Kenidee was telling me that it tickled her teeth.
When the dentist came in he started to talk to Kenidee and she said to him " you the Dentist?" He laughed and made some jokes about wouldn't it be funny if is name was Dennis the Dentist? Kenidee just looked at me like really was that a joke.
Kenidee did AWESOME! She let him look at her teeth and count them. He did tell us it was time for the Binky to go away it is interfering with her teeth, and pushing them out. The dentist let Kenidee know that the binky was hurting her teeth. I think she knows it is going because she has been really sneaky with it, the rule has been she can only have it in bed so I will find her sitting in her bed or leaning on her bed with her binky. I think she knows it is going soon. Just as soon as I find a way and a heart to do it. :)
I didn't take any pictures but I should have. She was such a good girl and I am so proud of her. She still talks about the dentist everyday and she wants to brush her teeth about 20 times a day... I let her how can you tell her no you can't brush your teeth.


HOUSE UPDATE!
We haven't had much to do on the house for a week or so, and this week is up in the air. We have been waiting on inpections, and contractors. We were supposed to get black top and insulation blown in this week. So my mom Kenidee and I drove out to see what has been going on today. Our insulation is all blown in! One other house has it too. I know 2 out of nine houses isn't that good but soon we will have lids and we will be able to start sheetrocking.
When Kenidee and I walked in our house she said oh mom this is Dede's(that is what she calls herself) new house and ran to the wall and dunked under the cords in the wall to get to her room and started spinning saying I like Dede's new house. When it was time to leave she didn't wan't to leave our house. It was cute, but I had to drag her out to the car. She cryed the whole way home. I stay at Dede'e house.
There is more but Robin just got home and I would like to spend sometime with him while we are both awake.......some of you know how it goes huh.

4 comments:

Krystal said...

Cute story with the dentist! That was a fun read. We'll have to get together sometime.

The Wyatt's said...

Kenidee sounds like she has such a fun personality. My Ava loved her binki too. When she turned two we used the binki fairy idea and it worked so smooth! I was amazed. I posted about it on my blog if you want to see the details. It was last February. I bet you are excited to get in your house! I'm excited to see some pics!

Shana Dee said...

Kids are super cute and think of things so simply!
I'm glad you'll be living in your new home soon!

Brandi said...

Yeah it was real, but it was a goatee(sp) clear up until 15 minutes before we left for the party. So he just used the clippers up the middle, but I do agree, nasty!

Glad the dentist went so well! That was probably such a big relief!

Thanks for the house update, too!
See you guys in 3 weeks or so!