Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nesting

Nesting is something I don't think I have ever experience. Sure I get things ready and get a few things here and there but I have never been in a clean out throw out kind of mood. Maybe it was our two days of sunshine but it started one day doing the dishes. Before I knew it I had the window and blinds cleaned standing on the counters wiping down the kitchen cabinets. My kitchen was so clean that day.  it seems to never last long.
Then I went to Bennetts room. His room causes me stress. I have to figure out where to put this sweet new baby boy,and all the things that a baby brings. So I got a bin and put most of his toys in it. My goal was 5 toys in the room, and put the rest in garage,when they want something new they can trade it. Well... I need another bin for his room trucks and such take up so much room, but it does look so much better, and it is amazing how much better he plays. Bennett was with me while I tried to do this and anything I put in the bin he could scream "my train! it no go in box."  and snatch it out. So I had to try to be sneaky and I did okay. His room still needs some work but I will have to do it when Robin is home so he can take Bennett somewhere so I can do what I need to do to make room for baby boy.
Yesterday while Kenidee was at preschool I cleaned out her room. We had talked about what 5 toys she wanted to keep in her room and she picked her ponies, barbies, littlest pet shop, dress up and her castle(this I think because it is a second house to her pet shop animals.)  I did leave in all coloring books puzzles and books.
If I do say so myself her room feels so nice now. When she got home from school I showed her, her room and she said "oh mom it is so wonderful! thank you for such an amazing surprise." she just stood in front of her closet and smiled. That I did not expect. She made sure all of her 5 toys where there and not another word about what was missing. She played in there all afternoon. Coloring, playing pet shop whatever. To be honest I took a nap while she was playing. 
She did really good picking up after herself, but before we went to bed I reminded her that if she wanted to keep her room nice and clean that at night if she picked up so it was clean it would stay nice. When she finished picking up a few odds and ends she laid on the floor and just giggled and said "I love my room!,and when I have someone spend the night they can sleep right here."
I am so excited that she is so happy with how her room feels and looks.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

That's TOTALLY nesting! Such a cute story about Kenidee too :)