Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Done with Dr.'s (we hope)

Kenidee had Surgery yesterday to get her tonsils and her adenoids out. She was such a brave little girl. Before we went to the hospital I really wanted her to know what to expect. Thanks to her Dr. Terry Baker who gave her a book about a boy who was had the same surgery she was going to have.  She was excited that she was going to be able to eat as she says "not healthy food" for awhile.
We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 in the morning. Kenidee is NOT a morning person (trying to get her up for preschool is a chore) After we got all checked in she was excited to change into her special hospital gown. Waiting for her on her bed was a coloring book and this stuffed animal. We have come to a conclusion that it IS a horse. She LOVED it.
The nurse told us that the anesthesiologist was going to come and talk to us and Kenidee  says "hey I have that movie at home!" (Anastasia) Soon came in the anesthesiologist, he brought her in a mask that smelt like bubble gum and wanted her to play with it and practice putting it over her mouth and nose. Kenidee did not want to do that with him in the room. So after he left I tried to get her to do it, and she told me she wouldn't do it because it stunk. So they got her a new mask that didn't smell like anything.
Then they came in to get my baby girl, we walked behind them down the hall. Then the nurse pointed where we should go and they just kept going with my baby girl. I didn't even get to kiss her.... but it was probably for the best. Robin and I waited for about 30 min then we got a page to meet with the Dr.  he told us she did really well and her tonsils were huge and she will feel so much better once she heals from the surgery. Soon after meeting with the Dr. we were able to go in and see her.
She was NOT a happy girl. Kenidee wakes up from surgery very emotional. She just wanted to go home and get that thing out of her arm. When I was taking pictures of her she looks at me and says "mom just don't show anyone those pictures." Once we got her calmed down and she had finished her IV and ate some grape slushy we were able to go home. The nurse brought in a little red wagon and the wheels were red and she wanted the one with white wheels, so the nurse got the other wagon. I wish I had my camera Robin had taken it out when he went to go get the car. anyway she was all bundled up in this wagon and her blanket it really did look so comfy.
Once we got home and she was able to rest she did just fine as long as we kept up on her drugs.  I had to keep reminding her not to play and run, that the nurse told her to take it easy and just rest on the couch. By last night she had out done herself and was not feeling really well at all. It took her along time to fall asleep, good thing we were able to give her more drugs at 9:00 and she went to sleep. poor little one.
Last night Robin and I got up to giver her drugs:) she did so good. she was tired and her "neck" hurt but she always took all of her yuckie meds.  At 5am I told her before I left her room that she was such a brave little girl and she said to me " I know."      



                                                         So happy before surgery.                                                        

 Things weren't so fun once we got out of surgery. Poor baby girl. I felt so bad for her.
  
            Good thing she had that weird looking horse. she loved it.

Today things are a little better. We are going to make sure we stay up on her meds and plenty of rest, and contine to eat pudding and all sorts of "unhealthy food" In the livingroom, such a lucky girl. hopefully she will start feeling better soon.

 The cutest Owl Aunt Becca made her. Something new to love!
 see how happy she is. funny thing Aunt Rachelle and Uncle Randy gave her Owl PJ's and they didn't even know that Aunt Becca made her that stinking cute owl. We will keep you all posted on how my little pumpkin is doing.

3 comments:

The Tolberts said...

I'm so sorry that I didn't know she was going through all of this before!! What a tough little girl!! I'm going to have to bring her over something not so healthy sometime tomorrow!! Let me know if I can do anything!

Robin and Stephenie said...

It was kind of a short notice thing we went in last wed. and we were scheduled that day for tuesday. I am sure if we went to church on sunday she would have told you! :)

Our Family said...

So sad! Little kids just should not get sick. I'm glad she's doing better! Hope you are too!