Thursday, November 13, 2008

What a day!

Yet another post with out pictures. I do have one Thank you Bri but no one needs to see it.



I went to the dr. on Monday for the usual check up and my blood pressure was high, we did some blood work and a few other samples were taken. Then yesterday I got a call from the dr. office telling me that I needed to call them back ASAP. Not a good sign. When I did talk to the Dr.'s office they told me that my blood test came back ok but there was way to much protein in my sample. I was told that I needed to get to the hospital as soon as I could and they would run a few more test and I would be having a baby. Needless to say I was scared. This is six weeks early! I am so not ready for a baby, I still have so much to do, and will he be ready so soon.
With lots of help from family and my sister in law bri I made it to the hospital in one piece, and laughing. Robin met us there. When we got there they were waiting for us. They got me all settled and on a machine to take my blood pressure every ten min. and to monitor the baby. They took more blood to do more tests( I sure wish my old roommie melissa was there she is so good at taking blood, she has done it a few times at the dr office for me.) We were at the hospital for 4 hours trying to find out if I was going to have a baby or not. The reason they didn't start me as soon as I got there is because I told them the baby was breach so they were trying to figure out what my dr. really wanted to do.
The blood test came back normal and my blood pressure was really good. The Dr. came in to see me and we chatted for a bit and he put me on bed rest and Told me that we want to try to keep the baby in for at least 2 more weeks. I was so relieved that we weren't going to be having a baby last night.
I do have to be careful, the Doc said they baby will come sooner then later but not so early. I am so glad that things turned out so much better.
Robin took the day off to help me get things in order so I can be on bed rest, he has helped me clean get laundry done and is out grocery shopping. For those of you close you know how much stress robin has been under, but now I can't go out to the house and help get hours so if anyone wants to drywall we will be doing it for awhile we would really appreciate help, he can't do it all alone.

13 comments:

Jolyn said...

My goodness, I hope everything settles down and that you can keep the baby in there for even more than two weeks (despite the fact that bed rest isn't fun).

...Although I am excited to see baby pictures... (but don't rush it just for me!)

Loleen said...

I hope everything is going better. Good luck with the bed rest and everything.

Alisha said...

What a scary ordeal! I'm so glad you don't have to deliver now. 6 weeks is just too early. I'll keep ya'll in my prayers that you can make it as long as that baby needs! Also, I'm a bed rest pro... call me!!

brittneyboucha said...

Hey steph, Im glad you have a little more time to cook that little guy. Ill keep you in my prayers. Take it easy. I wish i could help you more.

Kristin and Jay said...

Ah! That is so scary! I'm glad it turned out okay in the end. I would totally be there to help if I lived there. I was over there Tues and Wed and would totally have gone over to help. Next time I come over I will call and see you guys need anything. Still call if you do, I can be over there in a hear beat. My mom is a great babysitter, so I would be all yours =) Good luck!

Unknown said...

Wow! I am so relieved that your test came back normal so you didn't have to deliver that day. I wish you the best on bed rest. And I hope Robin gets help too. We will be thinking of you guys. You can do it!

Rachel Holloway said...

I sure hope that baby can wait a little longer! What a scary day! Good luck on bed rest...really, with a toddler, how do they expect a full bedrest??? You've got your hands full, that is for sure!

THINKING OF YOU!

bryan and megan said...

WOW Steph, how frusterating. It is good that that little boy will be able to have a couple of more weeks, even longer we hope. What can I do to help? I am close so if there is anything that you need let me know!!
Take it easy :)

Jana said...

Ahh!!! Stephenie! I'm so glad you didn't have to have the baby! I hope you'll be able to hold it off, get more prepared and let him cook a little longer. I was only 3 weeks early and I thought 6 lbs 13 oz was so tiny! I know that babies can be a lot smaller than that and be fine, but they sure don't sleep very long (small stomach's) Ok atleast mine didn't :)
I'm sorry you have to be on bed rest, although right now that sounds really good to me. I'm sure it will get annoying after a while. Get lots of fun magazines, books and movies. A lot of good movies are coming out right now. Take care, I wish I were there to help!
Love ya

Sarah said...

Hey if you need any help let me know. I'm only a few minutes away, kidless and not taking very many classes.

Our Family said...

So I have one question Stephie... what kind of sample? hehe. j/k. I'm so glad that you're hanging on to the baby for a while longer... though I am really embarrassed about that happy birthday message I left on your phone before I found out.

Daniel and Rachael said...

Good luck with everything that is going on. Wish I lived closer to help! You are a wonderful mom!

Jenn said...

I wish we lived closer, Gary would come and help!! I hope things have settled down. Take it easy and get some rest. By the way I saw your Uncle Terry in a grocery store. I was really surprised he recognized me!! I heard my name and looked up and there he was. What a small world... Good luck with everything!!