Sunday, March 22, 2009

oh Kenidee


Kenidee is still stealing my camera and taking pictures. I found these pictures of a fly this morning. she is so funny.
She did put us through quite the scare yesterday. My mom has been watching the kids while Robin and I have been out working on the house. Kenidee loves running from my moms house to my grandma's house (there is just one house between them) She loves being outside. So yesterday she was with papa Bear watching a movie, she left the room and he asked her are you going to get a cookie. she told him yes. When she didn't come back he looked in the house for her and couldn't find her. Then he called my mom, she wasn't at my moms. So Papa bear and my mom went looking for her in all her normal spots. she wasn't there. So they branched out and looked for her across the street. they couldn't find her.
In the meantime. A sweet lady saw this little girl walking by herself.(kenidee) She gave Kenidee a sucker and told her to stay with her. The lady called the police and while the police were there with kenidee my cousin Lerin drove by and stopped. One of the officers knew Lerin so he let her take Kenidee to my moms and the police followed. (I am not quite sure where she was but I know she had gone around the corner and down the next street.
My mom talked about it with her but she so doesn't get it. she is only 2 1/2. I asked her about it when we got home and I asked her did the police ask you what your name is? Kenidee said yes. I asked her what did you tell them. and kenidee said I said my name is Ellie! (that is her cousin in washington) So we had a little talk about police and how if they ask you your name you tell them your name. It was so scary. even though I didn't know about it until after it was all over. I am so glad we live where we do. It still gives me little knots in my stomach. I know bad things still happen in our little town but I know alot of the people are honest and really want to help. I am so thankful that Lerin was out and about and saw her. I don't know what would have happened.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so scary. Be grateful you live close to family and that they are always around. Down here I have no one. i am glad that she is safe.

Kristin and Jay said...

K seriously, I got the chills. So scary! I'm glad you live where you live too!

Kari said...

I'm glad she's ok. How scary! I have to admit I laughed pretty hard though. Her name is Ellie! Too funny. I guess she could be since they are like the same kid in two differnt bodies.

Jensen said...

That would just scare me to death! It is a good thing that you live in Southeast Idaho! I am glad to hear that Kenidee is OK and that nothing bad happened to her.

Harper said...

Wow ... that's scary! I'm glad Kenidee is okay!

Jolyn said...

Yea, that would definitely have scared me! Kaayl has started playing hide-n-seek with me (we don't actually play hide-n-seek, she just likes to run off and hide and see how long it takes me to find her). I keep having horrible nightmares that we will be somewhere and she will run off and I won't be able to find her. I just hope it doesn't ever really happen! I'm glad that Kenidee is okay.