Sunday, March 27, 2011

16 days

The ticker on the side of my blog tells me I have 16 days until we have another baby in our house. This in a way makes me so nervous. I still feel like I have a ton to do before he gets here. Things that don't I guess really matter like getting walls, doors and base boards washed. Figuring out what I am going to do with my kids if I happen to have to stay in the hospital for days and days. Robin goes to school during the day and work at night. It is alot to ask someone to stay with your kids 24 hours a day.
I worry about things not going right for me and for the baby. I really shouldn't think of these things but I can't help it. Remembering how long it took me to heal  from my last C-section, I will now have 3 kids to take care of. 
In a way things just don't seem real, maybe because our lives are crazy, or maybe because I really don't have as much to do to get ready for him.( Get the baby cloths washed, get a few odds and ends and put up the bassinet).
This sweet baby boy does not even have a name. Not a one that Robin and I can agree on. By this time we at least have top two... this time not a one.  Why this causes me stress I don't know. Naming my kids has always caused me stress.. that is the name people will call them, it is not like naming a fish or some other pet. It has to be perfect for them. Making sure that others can't make fun of their name or initials.
Don't get me wrong I am excited to have another baby. I know the timing for this baby is right. It may seem like crazy timing but I know that this sweet babies time is now. I know that when he is finally here I will not be able to picture my family without him in it. He will just fit in. I am so blessed to be able to carry a baby and to bond with this little man before anyone else.
 I just pray that I will be able to teach him the things he needs to know to be a good person, to love the gospel, and to be close to his savior.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

I hope you get all of the little things figured out-- I know you will. I won't tell you not to worry because I worry too! Your 2nd C-section recovery won't be as hard. Mine was a million times easier. Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're so close! I can watch your kids at night if you need me. please let me know how I can help. I remember my third one and it was hard for me. So please let me help ok?

Seth said...

Me too! Any day after 2pm I'm free! You better call me! You are so right,after he comes it will be just like he has always been in your family. I love that feeling.