Friday, April 1, 2011

not long now

This week has been a busy one. I have had a headache for a week, when I went to my last Dr. appointment my blood pressure was high,so they did blood work and ordered a 24 hour urine test. (so fun) Before they let me leave the Dr. office my blood pressure had to be down or it would have been off to the hospital. Thank goodness it went down and I was able to go home on a take it easy order.
Later that afternoon the Dr. office called and they decided to put me on blood pressure medication. I had been sick so Robin was worried that it would make me dehydrated. He called the Dr and told them that I had been sick and the Dr. decided that I should go to the hospital for more tests and a possible delivery of a baby.
Before we left Robin and Justen gave me a blessing. It is always nice to be reminded how much our Heavenly Father is aware of us and how much he loves us. After the blessing we were off to the  hospital. When we got there they were waiting for us. We got all checked in, and  monitors hooked up to me so we can see how the baby is doing and an IV in.  They took blood and did tests. Now  it was just a waiting game. The labs came back normal. I was sent home on strict bed rest.
Yesterday I talked to my Dr. and he had set up a C section for April 5 at 1:00. He said if we could wait till then the baby would have a 50 % chance of not having to  be in NICU and not needing breathing assistance. If I do start having problems I am to head to the hospital and they will do a C section.
So here I sit on the couch waiting for the 5th, and hoping for a healthy baby boy. (still with no name!)

6 comments:

Loleen said...

Good luck Stephanie, that is tough. We will be praying for you. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

You can do this! I hope you can rest as much as possible. We are excited for your new little boy to come.

Geneal said...

Stephenie, So sorry you are having problems, four more sleeps and it will all be over! We stoped in Rigby the other day and had breakfast with youre parents and Rebecca, I left a package for you with youre mom. I will be thinking of you and praying that all goes well. dont worry about the name when you see him youll know!! Love to you all

Alisha said...

Hang in there girl! The 5th is SO SOON! Just hang out with your little guy for a couple of days then pick a name.

Rachel Holloway said...

SOOOO hoping you are able to hold out--can't wait for your baby to come!

Unknown said...

PLEASE take care of that sweet baby boy. I will be there soon to see him. I can't wait. What do you need?