Monday, February 4, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen WE HAVE A HOLE!

Well some of you know that we are building a house in Rigby. It is through a program where there are a group of families and we all build each others houses. We got to choose from 4 house plans and we have to stick to them and o one can move in until they are all finished. So it has been a slow start because of weather and other Technicalities. It will take a year or so to build because we are building it.
It is just a one floor house about 1400 square feet but it will be perfect for awhile. We already have plans how to change it up a bit.
We (when I say we I mean Robin and our home teacher Nick are learning a lot) Thanks Nick!
Right now we only have to work on the house 12 hours a week until the weather gets nicer then it might be back to 30 hours per household, so I might have to get out and pretend I am being helpful.
We are excited and can't wait to have a house of our own.




9 comments:

Trenda said...

Exciting! I want one! A house that is! Sorry to hear about the bread! I'm impressed that you even tried to make bread. I'm too lazy to do that! It is yummy though.

Rachel Holloway said...

That is SOOO exciting! I can't wait to see more pics as the house goes up!

Kristin and Jay said...

Isn't it just too exciting! 1400 sq feet is awesome. Our first house was 1450 and we could have lived in that thing forever!! I loved getting the first house, it is so exciting. keep the pictures coming! Every step in the house building process is fun!

Unknown said...

Totally awesome!! Building a house adds to the excitement of actually LIVING in a house of your own! I can't wait to watch it go up. And so cool that you are the one building it!! You are troopers for building in the snow!

Shana Dee said...

The house I bought in Boise b4 I met daniel was 1400sqft. It is as perfect size for getting started. Big enough to grow into but small enough to know what you would want to change for your next house.

By the way, how on earth did you dig a hole in that cold, frozen place??? Just looking at the picture makes me shiver. burr

Jolyn said...

Very exciting. And awesome that you a building yourself. And super awesome that you a building in Rigby... man, I'm jealous!

Kristin and Jay said...

Steph,
go to cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com for a background. They are super cute and FREE =). Scroll down and pick one and then follow the directions on the right hand side. Good Luck =)

Kristin and Jay said...

Looking Cute!

Amy said...

YEAH! That is so exciting! That first home is the greatest feeling ever! Congrats! Your little girl is darling, by the way!