Friday, February 29, 2008

What does burnt toast mean?

This day I should have been kicked out of the Kitchen. To start the morning off I burnt my toast, so I scraped the burnt stuff off, and ate my hard toast. Made cookies and preheated the oven and I started to smell something like muffins, then I remembered AAAGH ROBINS BIRTHDAY CAKE! I put it in the oven and soooo forgot about it. The plastic lid melted and ran down into the oven what a mess. Good thing my sisters were there to help.
Then that night I was making dinner and to make a long story short I tried to take a short cut and it ended up taking more time and when I thought everything was done I cut a piece of chicken and it was still not done! I should have just stayed out of the kitchen after I burnt my toast.


4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Wanna share the story here?!?! I am SOO curious!

Anonymous said...

That's a good one! I exploded my pan and melted the lid when I accidentally turned on the wrong burner when I was pregnant. There was a birthday cake in there too! Any announcments?

Robin and Stephenie said...

No alynn I am not pregnant. Rachael I used oil to cook the chicken instead of butter and I am supposed to make a gravy out of the stuff left in the pan but that would contain a whole lot of oil.. I was not thinking I guess.

Jana said...

Well, I just take the don't cook, don't have problems route :) I've never made biscuts and gravy. Can I come eat yours :) When Dave and I met, our roommates informed each of us that we had cooking problems. I would cook mac n cheese and forget about it and my roomates would finish it for me and my husband would thaw steaks in the microwave and forget about them. I guess we were made for each other.