Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Eve

Before I start this post I want to say that I must be a blogger virgin again. Things have change and I am a bit confused. So this post you get to see pictures from the end of our night to the beginning. I hope by the next post I will have it figured out.


So Christmas Eve! I love every second of this night. I am so glad that my children are going to have some of the same memories of Christmas eve that I have.  This year things got done a little different. But I still loved it.


Christmas jammies are done every year but the rule is when you get married you are out of the loop. So many of us almost didn't get married because we wouldn't get Christmas pj's :)  My mother, being the most fantastic lady there is she gets us all matching pj's. I love it.  I also love that it was the year that we were all to be home for Christmas. We missed Liz this night but not to worry she got home with her family Christmas day.

Christmas pj's are opened at Grandma LU LU's for those of us that are not married yet. The numbers were small.But we still had so much fun. We always do pictures in front of lu lu's fire place.
Things are so out of order but Rod and Justen having a little Christmas cuddle.
Every Christmas eve Santa brings the kids their p.j's. We are running short of kids so Justen was brave enough to be Santa.  Bennett didn't really care but would much rather be off this strange mans lap.
Kenidee on the other hand even though she knew it was Uncle J, was so scared. She wanted nothing to do with him.
Something we have started doing because our number have become so small is wide elephant gifts. We all get such grand treasure. Some we want to keep such as an ab roller some we just want to save for next year so others can enjoy that same gift for the next year. such as the vote for Pedro hat.

Rebecca got Vintage glass grapes.
Robin got a little carved bear. SO cute.

Rod got a Hand mixer from the 60's  I think his quote was "no one touch this or I will punch your face in" I guess he really wanted it. :)
We started our night out at the barn. This was something new for our family. My dad has wanted to do it for years. So Papa Bear (Bruce) read us the Christmas story, we sang Christmas songs and Papa Glen bore his testimony of the birth of our savior, and Andria played a few songs on her Cello.  It was a special night. After that we had hot chocolate, yumm we all needed that, and headed back to Grandma Lu's for french dips and games.

Bennett all bundled up. He is such a cute boy! I need to work on his animal noises all night he kept pointing at the horses and saying"cow, MOOOOOO!"  I love him

Mitchell and Kenidee are such funny kids they really had a good time being with each other in the barn.
Aunt Becca and Bennett all snuggled up for a wonderful start to a fantastic night.


I love this time of year. I love that the kids get so excited. I love being with my family and continuing the traditions I love most with my own children. I love the Savior and all he did for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there I hate not being home for Christmas. But we do what we have to right.

Unknown said...

I am loving all the pictures from Christmas Eve. I love the nativity at the barn...what a great new tradition. I missed being home.