Monday, January 10, 2011

My poor baby boy!

Poor Bennett. I have been trying to take him in to get his year shots (yes he just turned two) every time I would take him in he would have a fever or some other reason why he couldn't get shots. Last week I took him in because he has had a cough that started to sound really bad and sure enough he had croup. I had set up his wellness check up weeks ago.
So this morning was his appointment to get his shots, but he is still coughing. So I called the Dr's office and they said to bring him in and if he didn't have a fever he would get his shots. Today was our lucky day kind of. He didn't have a fever, but now he had to get 5 shots with 7 vaccinations his flu spray and a finger prick to test for led.
The rest of the day he played and ran. I really wanted him to do lots of that so maybe his legs wouldn't be so sore. Tonight the poor boy was miserable. He wanted a bath, he couldn't move his legs with out crying and holding them. In the tub he would try to get a toy only to cry " I can't do it!"  I felt so bad. After I got him dressed and drugged I just held him till he was about to fall asleep.  then tucked him in bed. I really hope he sleeps all night, but between his cough and his sore legs I just don't see that happening.  It makes me so sad to see my normally happy boy crying and in so much pain. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.
Bennett's 2year stats are: ht: 35 in wt: 27 lbs 14 oz and his head : 19 and a quarter. what a big boy I have.  I love him so much.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Oh the poor little fella! No fun! I hope that he slept good and is feeling better. Tomorrow we will see if Traecen's breathing is well enough to get his shots. Hope everything else is going good.